I have become aware of the spiritual activity around us. Much of it is negative and can be quite scary unless you are aware of how the Kingdom of darkness works and its weaknesses. I have been warning the team about demonic manifestations and I think we are going to see more of these evil manifestations. What are always quite shocking are the manifestations that occur in church while we are praising the Lord! I am always amazed the look of sheer terror on Christian faces when demons begin to manifest.
Last Wednesday night we went as a team to minister to a Church in Hawston and the one lady got touched by the Lord and her reaction was demonic manifestations. The team and I ministered to her and took authority over the demonic spirit and cast it out. It took a while to pray her through but eventually she raised her hands and praised the Lord, thanking the Lord that he set her free. Now we haven’t seen this type of manifestation for a few years, but it seems like it is back. So to clear the air and to get a deeper understanding of what happens and what to do, please take this teaching to heart.
When dark spirits begin to manifests in our presence, many timnes even in a church setting, there are certain things we need to be aware of.
1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Christians who are born again and are filled with the Holy Spirit cannot be possessed by devils. The spirit of darkness and the Holy Spirit cannot live together in the same body. We have the Holy Spirit within us and He teaches us all truth. He is greater in us than the spirits of darkness in the world. We are declared victorious as a people who have overcome the spirit of darkness.
2Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Christians who have been born again have been given a Spirit of Power. We know that this Spirit is the Holy Spirit. Even if by nature if you are timid or cowardly when confronted with the demonic you will find yourself brave and forceful. Please remember when the disciples returned to Jesus after he sent them out, they came back rejoicing because they found the demonic subject to them. (Luke 10 v 17) What is really amazing is they were not even saved at that time and were not baptized in the Spirit with fire yet either. Many of you have been baptized in the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues; so you are in a more powerful position than they were, regarding the demonic.
Luke_10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
We have been given power and authority over all the works of the enemy. This power comes direct from the Lord Jesus and is enforceable because of the Cross. When the sacrifice of Calvary was accepted as payment for man and his sin and iniquity, then the power of the enemy of men’s souls was forever to be under the foot of the seed of Eve. (Genesis 3 v 15) We have thus been given the power over all the power of the enemy. We are told that we have this authority but the problem is that many Christians never use the authority and power given to them. Many also think that only a frozen few have this power or that you have to be a super spiritual being, to use this power. The truth is we have all been given his power and authority simply because we believe, (Mark 16 v 17)
Matthew_8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick.
Jesus is our example. He cast them out with his word. Our words when anointed with the Holy Spirit are as powerful as His words were when he spoke to the demonic. His words were anointed by the Holy Spirit. With the Holy Spirit, the anointed word dislodges the demonic. It is thus important that when we deal with the demonic, that we spend some time with the Lord asking for the anointing of the Holy Spirit, before we go into a meeting where the demonic can manifest. (Matthew 12 v 28) We must also realize by the power of words we can dislodge the demonic. We need to also understand that demons need to be cast out.
You cannot preach the Gospel to a demon. They know the Gospel better than you and I. You have to exercise the power and authority Jesus has given you to deal with the demonic. Like muscles need to be used to grow, we need to use the authority Jesus has given us to grow in learning how to deal with the demonic. The more you use the authority and power given to you the more you will see signs and wonders and the power of God move through you.
Act 16:18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
When Paul was confronted with the demonic young girl who had a spirit of divination He cast out the demonic spirit. He waited three days to take authority over the demonic spirit in the girl. The reason for the wait is that Paul waited for the anointing to hit him to deal with the demonic. It came three days after the first encounter with her screaming at him about being a servant of the Most High. The second thing is he dealt with the demonic using the name of Jesus. Contrary to what some believe, who do not know better, Paul did not preach the gospel to the demon. Using words, authority against the demonic was exercised and the young girl was set free in Jesus name.
Now Christians cannot be possessed but they can be oppressed and afflicted by demonic powers. The irony is, that it is a simple matter to be released from this affliction. Many believers have died or got sick because we do not discern the issues of the Lord and his body. (1Corinthians 11 v 30) But in order to understand why things unusual happen to us we need to discern the source. There are demonic sources and if we can identify them it is easy to take authority over them.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
So let’s look at some of the sources. In other words, behind the temptations and manifestations there are demonic entities that are trying to bring destruction to our lives and to get us to live in unrighteousness. We need to also be aware that to overcome these forces we take authority in Jesus name and remind them of the Blood of the Lamb. It is the Blood of Jesus that defeats them and renders them powerless. The demonic cannot operate when the Blood is sung about or mentioned in their presence. They hate the Blood, get angry at the Blood. When the Blood of the Lamb is mentioned it causes great pain in them. Remember to claim the benefits of the Blood and its protection over you when dealing with the demonic. Remember to take authority over demonic influences, claim the Blood of the Lamb and use the Name of Jesus to set yourself free. Also repentance also sets the captive free. When you are under attack go and do a spiritual spring clean in your life over the issues that have or had separated you from the Lord. Ask for repentance for such things as idol worship or not listening to the Holy Spirit and rejecting his demands upon you. Ask for forgiveness for pride and arrogance and not giving the Lord the glory that is due to him. Hating his people and Nation and supporting those who demand the destruction of Israel can bring terrible demonic interference in your life. Hate, anger and bitterness can also bring demonic affliction to the believer. A spiritual spring clean and getting washed in the Blood of the Lamb by faith will release the believer from affliction and temptation. (1John 1 v 9)
Remember these are spiritual entities and we are told we do not fight flesh and blood but principality and power that come from the demonic world. (Ephesians 6 v 12)
1. The spirit of suicide. (Matthew 4 v 6) The devil tempted Jesus with death. He has tempted many Christians and some have surrendered their lives to this suicidal spirit. Depression and all form of self destruction are sourced in this demonic entity.
2. The spirit of greed. (Matthew 4 v 8,9) The devil tempted Jesus with wealth and power. There is nothing wrong with these attributes but when men receive it from the enemy they pay a terrible price. The evidence is that they normally start off fine, okay and generous but after a while they stop supporting ministry and stop fellowshipping with the saints. They turn their backs on the Lord and His Kingdom. When this happens we can discern it is this demonic spirit and not Gods grace and blessing.
3. The spirit of infirmity. (Luke 13 v 11) Sickness and disease comes from this spirit. Even Jesus has to rebuke fevers (demonic spirits) and cast out devils to bring about healing at times. If you are constantly sick you need to look at this spirit and rebuke it and cast it off before you will find release. Some can never be healed because it is not a physiological problem but rather a spiritual one. Get believers around you to pray over you and anoint you with oil and see if that will not bring healing to you. (James 5 v 14,15)
4. The spirit of fear. (1John 4 v 4) It is amazing how many Christians fear for their lives. They fear for their health. Their hearts fail them because of fear. They even fear death and because they are not committed to the Word they even fear eternal life. This puts them in great bondage and they can do little for the Kingdom. Scared of everything and everybody. It is a spirit and it needs to be dealt with and rebuked. We have not been given that spirit it comes from the demonic world. Take authority over it and do not let it grab your heart. It will immobilize you.
5. The spirit of anti-christ. (1John 4 v 3) This spirit is a lying spirit. He will try to make you believe in things outside of the Word to destroy your faith. He will ask you to doubt everything you believe in. His nauseas chorus is: “you have lost your salvation.” Remember the gifts of God are without repentance. The Lord does not give us things and then take them back. The gift of eternal life lasts for eternity. This spirit comes in the form of false religion and teachings that bring destruction and misery to your life. Even in churches and in Pastors this devil has manifested himself. When you are brought into bondage or into control by leaders or become a victim of false cults, this is a sign of this lying spirit. Rebuke it and get into the Word and find the truth. Remember Gods ways are not yours and his thoughts are not yours. He calls you to peace and freedom. Value that more than anything else.
6. The spirit of the world. (1Corinthians 2 v 12) This is a demonic power that tempts believers with the things of the world and puts worldly things on a higher value scale than the Kingdom of God or Heaven. We live in the world but we do not have to partake of the riotous living that goes on in the world. Many believers have turned their backs on the Lord and have lost themselves to drugs, alcohol, prostitution, pornography and homosexuality because they were tempted by this spirit. Once the temptation began they then succumbed to these demonic suggestions. One has to repent and see where it comes from and then take authority over it or you will never be free. If members of your family are involved in loving the world more than the Lord and it is breaking your heart, begin to pray. Take authority over this demonic spirit of the world and ask the Lord to bring home those of your kin that are lost.
7. The spirit of slumber. (Romans 11 v 8) As ridiculous as this sounds, one is so aware of outcomes of this spirit. He is the one that steals the Word from you, five minutes after Church. He has done such a good work in the believers they cannot remember what was preached to them in the great congregation. He is the one whom makes you yawn at service or makes you sleepy when you want to read your Bible. He is the one demonic force that makes you feel exhausted in prayer meetings so you do not want to pray. No spirit will leave you till you take authority over them. They squat until you chase them off. This spirit we all have to deal with and rebuke because he is stubborn and likes to come back. At least deal with him and if he comes back, let him come back to pain. He will feel the pain as you call out to the Lord for the power of the Blood of the Lamb to protect you and set you free
We live in a world that is influenced by the dark kingdom. Be aware of it and when it attacks you and your family take the remedial action as outlined in the Bible to protect yourself. You have been made an over-comer because Jesus died on Calvary for your protection and provision. Remember to claim your inheritance that He has won for you by sacrificing himself on the Cross for you.